Top Countries for Business Travel in 2019 - UK
Surprisingly, and for a second year in a row, the top country for business travel in 2019 is the UK. Why is this surprising you might ask?
Even with Brexit on the horizon and the huge amount of uncertainty, it is shocking that it has maintained its number one spot. According to Forbes, however, this is down to ‘the strength of its workforce, innovation, and lack of red tape’.
So why do business in the UK?
- The UK is the fifth largest economy in the world and is made up of 4 individual countries: England, Scotland, Wales, and Northern Ireland
- The official language in the UK is English, the third most spoken language in the world, therefore reducing language barriers and increasing accessibility
- It has a central time zone, placing it ideally between the East and the West, allowing for easier global communication and reducing the effects of jet lag
- It’s capital city, London, is in the top 5 cities for business travel in the world in 2019
- London is ranked second in the world’s global financial centers (The Global Financial Centre Index)
- London has one of the best public transport systems in the world, both underground and overground, including The Channel Tunnel that connects to France
- London Heathrow is the largest airport in Europe and an international hub, connecting travelers to all over the world
- The UK’s strength lies within its services sector, which is a key driver of GDP growth
- The UK is in the top ten least corrupt countries in the world (Transparency International)
- According to the World Bank, there is an ease of doing business in the UK, scoring within the top 10 countries in the world
- The UK is the world’s third best country for technology innovation and disruption (KMPG)
- The UK is a business minded location with a strong sense of entrepreneurship. It is ranked within the top 20 countries for ease of starting a business (World Bank)
- The weather in the UK is fair, with mild summers and mild winters
- The possibility of increased flexibility when the UK leaves the EU in March 2019
If you are worried about Brexit and the effects this may have on travel in and out of the UK, then check out our following article: https://bit.ly/2soPlnn
If your company would like to have their Business Travel Simplified, then speak with a member of our team on (028) 9038 9007 or email email@example.com