Work With Us
Start your career with Selective Travel Management
Best Place to Work | Right Place to Work | Workplace Wellbeing | Workplace Excellence
at the Irish News & Workplace Employment Awards 2019
IT Junior Developer (REF: STM117)
Closes:14th May 2021
Fancy joining the team?
We’re looking for two full-time IT Junior Developers to join our Belfast office.
Looking for an exciting new challenge in a fast-paced environment? If so, then look no further. World Travel Centre Group is a very successful Travel Agent and Travel Management Company with bases in Belfast and Dublin. Pre-pandemic we employed almost 200 people and annual sales exceeded €200m and we will strive to achieve these levels again once the restrictions are lifted.
During this lull, we are putting all our effort into developing fast efficient internal processing systems so that when then time comes, we will be ready to bounce back better and stronger than ever.
Despite everything we are continuing to win large contracts so re-expansion should be rapid once it begins.
As a result, we are now recruiting Full Time IT Junior Developers.
You will be joining a team of six with a focus on IT systems development. We are looking for a talented junior software engineer to expand this team to help us drive development of our exciting platform. In this role you will work as part of our development team to design, build, modify and support existing and future business products. This is a great opportunity to join a growing company and be on the right side of the changes that are sweeping this industry. A real desire to work in a collaborative and fast-paced environment is essential.
All work is currently ‘remote’ but the intention will be to return to the office at least some of the time once conditions permit.
• Communicating with stakeholders to gather and refine requirements
• Developing solutions to meet stakeholder specifications
• Working in a fast-paced environment which aims to deliver new features on a daily basis
• Assisting and working on helpdesk queries for end users
Skills & Experience:
• Third level degree in an IT related discipline is essential
• Excellent knowledge of programming and OOD concepts
• Knowledge of and interest in Java (preferable), .Net (C#) or other OO language
• Knowledge of both Windows and Linux environments
• A good understanding of UI/UX for Web Applications
• Understanding of Bootstrap and CSS
• Knowledge of Relational Databases (PostgreSQL, SQL Server or MySQL) and SQL
• Ability to write clear, concise and commented code
• Excellent general IT skills and knowledge of software systems
• Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
• Personal and professional credibility
• A positive “can do” team attitude is essential
• Ability to prioritise, and work to strict deadlines
• Excellent organisational skills
In return we offer the following rewards package:
• Monday to Friday working hours
• Staff travel perks
• Life Assurance
• Work place pension
• Health & wellbeing benefits
• Team/Company events
• Long service rewards
• Scope for career development
Training will be provided and you will have the opportunity to continue your development as you progress in your career.
If you'd like to apply for this exciting opportunity, please return the following monitoring form and your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. ** Please complete the Monitoring Form attached. We will be unable to look at CV's without this form. **
Closing date: Friday 14th May 2021 at 5pm
World Travel Group are an equal opportunity employer