Work With Us
Start your career with Selective Travel Management
Best Place to Work | Right Place to Work | Workplace Wellbeing | Workplace Excellence
at the Irish News & Workplace Employment Awards 2019
Business Travel Consultant (REF: STM144)
Closes:28th September 2023
Are you looking for a great opportunity to join one of UK and Ireland's largest independent Travel Management Companies?
We are seeking experienced consultant with a travel background to join our team
You will be part of a team of business travel consultants responding to travel requests from SME’s, Government bodies and the Higher Education sector across the UK and Ireland. You will play a vital role in ensuring we continue to exceed our service level agreements and fulfil our customer requirements by providing the highest level of customer service and best value for money.
• Working as part of a team arranging worldwide travel for corporate & business accounts within commercial, government, education & local authorities.
• Provide expert travel quotes and creative travel itineraries
• Ensure all quotations meet client needs and reservations are booked in an accurate and timely manner in line with SLA’s
• Providing in depth knowledge of destinations, tour operators and suppliers
• Know your customer, listen to their needs and conduct yourself at all times in a friendly and professional manner
• Deliver exceptional customer service and make sure all requirements are accurately met each and every time in line with client needs
• Act as an ambassador and key point of contact for the client during their travels before, during and after
• Using a GDS booking system / other reservation system
Skills & Experience:
• Excellent time management and organisational skills are essential
• Ability to work under pressure and to precise time frames is paramount
• Operation of GDS (Galileo) is desirable.
• The successful candidate will be able to work self-sufficiently, as well as part of the team.
• The following skills are desirable; working in a corporate booking travel environment, knowledge of tailor-made trips, booking and changing multi sector and multi product itineraries.
• Minimum of 1 years’ experience in the travel sector.
In return we offer fantastic rewards:
• Monday to Friday working hours and no weekends
• Enhanced holiday leave entitlement
• Working from home allowance to help support with bills
• Life cover
• Enhanced employer pension contributions
• Health & wellbeing benefits, allowance towards physical and non physical memberships, Flu vaccines, home office budget
• Private medical insurance including a wide-reaching health plan worth up to £2000 per employee per annum
• Staff travel perks including FAM trips and supplier events
• Tech purchase plan
• Support funding tuition fees for relevant further education
• Long service rewards and other employee recognition schemes
• Plus many other employee benefits
Remotely working must reside in the UK
How to apply:
The closing date for this position will be 28th September 2023.
Selective Travel Management is an equal opportunity employer.